The following terms apply to all participants in the Tau Beta Pi Bookswap. In order to participate, you must read the form and agree to the terms and conditions here within. By entering your seller and book information into our database, you are agreeing to the following:
1. You have read and understand the Bookswap General Policies and have followed the Instructions For Sellers. You have also read the FAQ and agree to abide by all terms outlined therein.
2. Any books collected by Tau Beta Pi remain your property until they are sold, at which time they become the buyer’s property. You may reclaim your books only while the Bookswap is in session. We apologize for the inconvenience, but books are in storage and inaccessible outside of Swap Week. You may also donate any unwanted books to Tau Beta Pi, at which time they become Tau Beta Pi’s property.
3. Tau Beta Pi is not responsible for books not given directly to a designated collection agent. Please do not leave books unattended. Also, please make sure your book is clearly marked and in our database before you leave it. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee that your book will be returned to you if not sold.
4. If the money from the sale of your books is not collected by you before the end of the Bookswap at which the book sells, money may not be collected until the following semester's Bookswap. No exceptions! Any money not collected by you within two semesters of the sale of your books will be declared donated and becomes the property of Tau Beta Pi.
5. At the end of each Bookswap, you have the option of storing your books with us for up to two semesters after your graduation. You must contact us at that time with instructions, otherwise we will declare the books donated. In addition, we may contact you at any time and ask you to remove your books. If we do not receive a response after two semesters, we will declare the books donated. This typically occurs for graduates or owners of out-of-use textbooks.
6. Once your books are sold, the money (minus our commission) is your property and may be claimed during Swap Week. Alumni may submit a payment request within two weeks of the sale of their book.